Tropical Green Recovery Smoothie
It's starting to heat up and I'm finding that I don't want to eat as much...especially when I'm working out. But when you've done a long or hard workout and you want to recover quickly, replacing used glycogen, minerals, electrolytes and re-hydrating are the key to a successful recovery! This smoothie will help you do just that! This smoothie tastes great, is refreshing and is packed full of vitamins (like Vitamins B1, A, K and C), minerals (like potassium, manganese and zinc) and water to help you recover quickly. If you have any leftover, try freezing it into a Popsicle mold (or paper Dixie cup) and use it for a frozen treat on another day!
· ½ c unsweetened coconut water
· 2 handfuls of organic power greens (or spinach, kale, chard, or other greens of your choice)
· ¼ medium banana, frozen
· ¼ c frozen pineapple chunks
· ¼ c unsweetened coconut flakes
· 1 T chia seeds
· 1 T flax seeds
· 2 T Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate (or other clean protein powder)
· 1 c filtered water
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
2. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Leave a Reply.
Tiana Rockwell is a certified nutritional therapist, avid endurance athlete and dark chocolate lover. She believes that by eating REAL food, we can balance our body and reach optimal health and wellness!