It's starting to heat up and I'm finding that I don't want to eat as much...especially when I'm working out. But when you've done a long or hard workout and you want to recover quickly, replacing used glycogen, minerals, electrolytes and re-hydrating are the key to a successful recovery! This smoothie will help you do just that! This smoothie tastes great, is refreshing and is packed full of vitamins (like Vitamins B1, A, K and C), minerals (like potassium, manganese and zinc) and water to help you recover quickly. If you have any leftover, try freezing it into a Popsicle mold (or paper Dixie cup) and use it for a frozen treat on another day!
· ½ c unsweetened coconut water
· 2 handfuls of organic power greens (or spinach, kale, chard, or other greens of your choice)
· ¼ medium banana, frozen
· ¼ c frozen pineapple chunks
· ¼ c unsweetened coconut flakes
· 1 T chia seeds
· 1 T flax seeds
· 2 T Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate (or other clean protein powder)
· 1 c filtered water
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
2. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Tiana Rockwell is a certified nutritional therapist, avid endurance athlete and dark chocolate lover. She believes that by eating REAL food, we can balance our body and reach optimal health and wellness!
1020 Whispering Pines Lane, Suite D
Grass Valley, CA